Music

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 31, 2011

Halloween

I absolutely LOVE Halloween! I would have to say it is proabably my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. I love everything about it. I love carving pumpkins, haunted houses and mazes, and most of all dressing up. Andy has never been too into it, but he is a good sport and always puts on what I give him and he always has fun with it. These are some pics from the past few years.




This year was extra fun because I not only got to dress up me and Andy, but got to dress up Nixon too. The costumes were actually a HUGE pain to coordinate, especially without having Andy with me to try them on, but after buying and returning many costumes, this is what we ended up with. Our costumes actually matched perfectly which was a miracle. Andy had black and red pants like Nixon's and my skirt was black and white to match Andy's top. It was really fun to dress up except for the fact that I had to put eyeliner on Andy. :) This was hilarious! Can I just say men were obviously not made for makeup. He made it through it though and looked like a hot pirate! We went to a ward party and got best costumes! It was a lot of fun.


Ward Costume Party

Thanks to my friend Allie, I now have pics of another fun activity that we did this year. Allie and Bryan had us and our friends Maddie and Matt over to carve pumpkins. It was a ton of fun and we learned some new creative ways to carve pumpkins. Leave it to Allie to be creative and always think out of the box. She and Bryan every year carve fake pumpkins. That way they can keep them forever. I think that is an amazing idea and may just steal it. Hope you guys don't care. Anyway here some pics of our adventures.


Matt and Maddie




Cute, prego Allie




Andy and Bryan




Our little fam. Including our adorably challenged Matt in the background.



The finished creations. The smiley one is Matt and Maddie's. The scary grinned one is Andy's (quite the talent)




Bryan and Allie's creative fake pumpkins. Not bad at all.





Our little pirate

3 comments:

  1. I love the Juno costume! Bryan's a party pooper when it comes to dressing up! haha. This was the first halloween he actually dressed up, and he went as a doctor.

    FYI, you there are some pictures of you guys from pumpkin carving at:
    http://bryanandallie.blogspot.com/2010/11/pumpkins-costumes-friends-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you're starting to get caught up on your blog. We've missed seeing what you guys are up to. Nixon sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of this creativity! We have such amazing children and of course...grand-children!

    ReplyDelete